Thursday, October 23, 2008

Warmth





It's taken a while to get to this point, but the day has finally come.

A few months ago we unanimously picked the tile. We had never done tiling before and to tell the truth it wasn't too bad. The results were beautiful.

Andrew has been installing our stove these passed few weeks. We are not quite complete yet. We just need the cosmetic work done.
We are hoping that the baby makes its money back in just 1 short winter. Andrew put in the chimney on a cold and blustery day.

In between rain, while he was working on getting the chimney installed, the rest of us were harvesting everything from the garden since it was going to freeze that night. We have a few dozen pumpkins, lots of green peppers, and a ton of green tomatoes. (They are ripening nicely in the basement)

Now isn't that a beautiful sight!

4 comments:

Hunt Family said...

Hooray for you guys! I hope that you are toasty warm with no cold fingers, toes, or noses!

Flock of Lambs said...

Whoo hooo! It's great to have someone handy around the house! Wish I had one! As for my toes right now ... I could use some warmth.

liz said...

The tile looks great! Lyman has done it several times now, and every time I want to do it myself, but he says NOO!! I am only allowed to be an onlooker. He does a great job, and it probably does turn out better than what I would do, so...

Unknown said...

The tile and stove look great! I am sure you guys are happy to have it done. Your kids are growing up way too fast and I haven't seen you guys enough. We miss you.