Monday, January 25, 2010

Eggs Anyone?


We have eggs, lots of eggs.
Green ones, white ones, brown ones, and even speckled ones.
Our hens have just started laying about 3-4 months ago and they are nonstop. Right now we have probably 15+ dozen in the fridge. We are getting an average of 10/day.... ahhh!
I should say, I used to like eggs. They were a treat and I savored them. Scrambled eggs for breakfast was heaven. Now it is just old hat. We can have them any day of the week, for every meal for that matter.
If you want to look on the bright side, 10 eggs beats the 17 we were getting a few months ago.
And Saturday, guess what? We got a rooster. Why you ask?... Chicks. Crazy, yeah.
We thought we would try our hand once more at hatching a few.

3 comments:

Flock of Lambs said...

What makes the color of the egg shell?? Do we know? That is just funny, because just yesterday I was thinking of what I needed to go get at the grocery store (today, not Sunday) and eggs was on my list ... too bad I just can't "stop by and borrow some". Love ya! Any milk there by chance also??? Need some of that too.

Janeen said...

Borrow??? I'd just let you have them...

Yep, that would be great if you could just "stop by". And no, our steers do not give milk. I am in need of some of that too.

As for the color of the eggs, different breeds give different color eggs. Our Americanas give the green eggs. I was hoping to get pink, blue, and purple eggs from them too, but no just green.

Dillender said...

Cool! I remember getting eggs from our 3 hens as a kid. We were no where near as swamped with eggs as you seem to be. Any chance you can sell them at a farmers market?