Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Avalanche!

A few weeks ago Andrew came home with tickets to an Avalanche game.
The company he works for owns a sky box and will lottery out the box to the employees when they are not shmoosing the big boys. I had never been to a hockey game and was curious to know if it was anything like professional soccer (boring).
To my complete surprise and enjoyment, it was fantastic. The Av's weren't ranked well this year and they were playing what I heard was the #1 team in the NHL. I was setting myself up for disappointment in the Av's demise, a quick loss and not much excitement. Quite the opposite, just 4 words...
Victory in Double Overtime.
Exciting, YES!!
They created an instant fan in me. I felt like a kid in a candy store wanting more and sad at its end.
Go Av's!!!



Here are some fun pictures we took after the game.


No comments: