Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm FREE!!

Alright, so I haven't posted in... well forever.
I will share the most recent news of the day...

After 16 LONG years, it is OFFICIAL!! I AM DIAPER FREE!!!

In those 16 years  we have come close to being diaper free for a short period of time but have never quite achieved that goal before another baby graced our home.

When the twins were potty training I tried Brooke right along with them. She knew what to do and could go on demand, but just wouldn't do it. I got frustrated and gave up for a while thinking it will NEVER happen. That way of thinking was dashed when Brooke got a terrible diaper rash. I told her that she wouldn't hurt if she would just wear her panties. Slowly but surely she was convinced.

I have a theory:
The first time the first child walks, talks, crawls, or does virtually anything it is amazing and wonderful. When the next children that come along it is fun, but just not the same.
It doesn't matter how many children you have when any of your children get potty trained it is ALWAYS as good as the first time.

2 comments:

Flock of Lambs said...

YEAH!!!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! I wish I were there right now but Asher has no idea yet what he is supposed to do on the toilet except put toilet paper in and flush the toilet:) Oh, well. I think your theory is right btw.