Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Pre-Birthday Spencer


Spencer had his big 7 year old party last weekend. We figured it would be better to have it now than this summer when all of his friends are on vacation.

We had Rocket launches where the boys make their own rockets and then they launched them from a compressed air launcher Andrew made that is really cool. The rockets went higher than the roof and the boys all thought that was pretty cool.

We also had car lego races where they make their own
Lego car and then race them.
To my surprise, what they enjoyed best was the dinosaur dig. They were crazy with shovels digging for the "ancient bones". The night before the party, Andrew made a dirt pile with the tractor. I kept having him add more and more dirt. Well, I guess a bucket of dirt is bigger than I thought because there is still 1 bone in that dirt pile outside that we haven't gotten to the bottom of.
(Luckily, I had made an extra set of bones so the
dinosaur was complete anyway.)
None of them wanted to come inside.

I tried to cram so much in the 2 hours and thought I would nix something. But my kids all agreed that a party is not a party without a pinata and the "Who Knows Spencer" game. So we had those 2 activities as well. We had to keep the pace going to get it all in, but all in all I think everyone had a good time.
I asked Spencer what his favorite part was and after a few minutes of trying to come up with the best thing, he said
"I can't say, there were too many good parts."

By that comment, I will mark that one off as a success.

4 comments:

Flock of Lambs said...

Cute. That sounds like an awesome party! I guess my invite got lost in the mail. Can you believe our little guys are 7 already??? I thouhgt the same thing - about doing the party early for friends and stuff. But since you guys are coming and we will have a big shindig with that, I figure the big party can wait until next year, being 8 and all. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Flock of Lambs said...

BTW ... what did you make the letters on his cake out of?

Janeen said...

Leanne made the letters out of colored white chocolate and an alphabet candy mold I got off the internet. They came out looking pretty good. If you want molded chocolate, Leanne is your source. That and beading are her favorite past times.

Naomi said...

Cool cake. You are always so creative.